What could be better than BEER and a great career?!!
The fact that you landed here indicates there may be something missing in your work. Maybe you are not feeling challenged in the work you do, or perhaps you feel like your work has lost its meaning. Maybe you are simply tired of feeling like just another employee. Whatever your reason, you are not alone. In fact, many of our Team Members felt the same way before they discovered Andrews.
Here at Andrews, we believe purpose matters, and our stated purpose is “Serving one another in pursuit of being our best.” Are you looking for ways to serve others and discover your best? Do you want to thrive in an environment where you feel appreciated and valued? Let’s take a closer look at the role of SR HRIS Strategy Manager to determine if this opportunity is right for you!
We invest in our team members and are dedicated to their success and well-being by offering:
- Weekly Pay, Every Friday!
- Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- 401k with Company Match (FREE Money!!)
- Nike™ Branded Uniforms
And yes, you will receive FREE BEER throughout the year! (Root beer to those under 21 years old.) After all, you will be working for an award winning BEER distributor, and we want you to enjoy the brands you already love like Modelo, Coors, Miller, Corona, Heineken, Blue Moon, Shiner, Sam Adams, Dos Equis, Revolver, Lakewood, Rahr, Truly, Topo Chico, Mike’s, Pacifico, and many more!!
The SR HRIS Strategy Manager leads the HRIS team and consultants; provides strategic direction and leadership; and both performs and allocates work required to support the development, implementation and maintenance of all Human Resource Information System (HRIS) (Workday) processes. The SR HRIS Manager is responsible for developing the HRIS strategy in support of improving business processes and application functionality that supports overall business strategies, initiatives and processes. This role identifies areas of opportunity to improve existing HRIS processes, functionality and work flows, and maximizes technological capabilities to reduce manual processes and enhance data management and efficiency. This role is part of the Human Resources and Communications team.
Here’s more of what you will do…
Leads the development and implementation of HRIS (Workday) strategies, initiatives and processes working directly with business leaders and end users to assess business needs and translate those needs into effective HRIS solutions that align with business and project initiatives.
- Identifies operational/functional objectives for business projects by gathering information, evaluating requirements and solutions, authoring functional specifications, and translating ambiguous business problems into recommended concrete data and information solutions.
- Assesses the feasibility of systems enhancements or process changes and their impact on HR application and ancillary systems.
- Anticipates and plans for long-term HRIS needs and trends.
- Leads meetings to perform analysis of change requests and/or recommendations and translates into proper system requirements.
- Analyzes business requirements and develops or modifies programs to ensure effective storage, retrieval and reporting of team member data.
- Fosters and maintains positive relationships with business leaders and users; and external customers and third-party vendors.
- Acts as HRIS subject-matter expert for the organization.
- Negotiates, selects and manages all contracted, third party support (e.g. Mercer).
- Participates in HRIS (Workday) industry events and education to continually enhance HRIS expertise and knowledge.
- Leads weekly HRIS team meetings with direct reports to ensure company objectives and timelines are met.
Leads and manages all aspects of the planning, project management, change management, administration, security, maintenance, data integrity, development, testing, implementation, reporting and user support for the HRIS (Workday).
- Designs, implements, and monitors human capital programs and policies including total rewards, talent management, learning and development, recruitment and employee relations.
- Utilizes tools provided to develop comprehensive project plan, proactively define and resolve issues that impede progress on projects, and effectively communicates project status.
- Documents standard operating procedures to ensure consistency and implements process improvements.
- Documents functional business requirements, troubleshoots application problems and promotes proactive approaches for using HRIS capabilities to provide functionality to meet business needs and improve HR operations.
- Documents HRIS processes to ensure accurate and efficient documentation is available.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools; and maintaining security and integrity controls.
- Supports the development of custom reports to meet the requirements and business needs of the organization.
- Provides the organization with HRIS subject-matter expertise.
- Works with internal audit partners, end users and IT to ensure SOX compliance by developing auditing processes to ensure data integrity and system accuracy.
- Ensures the integrity of HR databases and provides HRIS systems support.
- Collaborates with the IT team in support of HR, payroll, timekeeping and hardware systems, applications, databases and devices.
- Collaborates with Payroll team to ensure accurate and efficient payroll processes.
- Leads the development of required Workday training.
- Develops and tracks system and operational metrics; reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Oversees, provides direction and manages the HRIS team; and performs HRIS (Workday) administration and support work as required to meet business needs.
- Allocates work required to support the development, implementation and maintenance of Workday processes.
- Provides support, troubleshooting, and training to the HRIS team and end users on features and functionality of HRIS system to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Assists departments/teams with technical issues related to the use of HRIS system.
- Assists departments/teams in the creation of HR and Payroll reports and queries to select and compile information from the HRIS system as needed.
- Performs user administration, security role setups and workflow maintenance for business applications as required to support business needs.
- Manages the timeclock integration as it relates to the software support and maintenance, and data collection and integration.
- Coaches and develops HRIS team; evaluates performance and leads career discussions on a routine basis.
- Develops annual department budget; manages and tracks department expenses on a monthly basis.
- Establishes and tracks departmental metrics; reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
Keeps abreast of federal, state and local HR-related laws and regulations to ensure company compliance from a HR systems perspective.
- Participates in HR industry events and education to continually enhance HR systems and operations expertise and knowledge.
This list is not all inclusive of other tasks and subtasks that may be necessary in performing this role, but rather an overview of the role’s primary work tasks.
Here’s what you must have to be considered for this role…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Technology; or Equivalent Field or Work Experience
- Five to Nine Years Progressively Responsible Human Resources or HRIS Management Experience
- Five Years of Progressively Responsible Workday HRIS Experience, Administration and Management
- Five to Nine Years of Experience Managing and/or Implementing Multiple HRIS (Workday) Related Projects
- Strong Understanding and Experience Driving Business Strategy and Leadership Engagement
- Strong Interpersonal Skills With the Ability to Work Collaboratively on a Team and With All Levels of Leadership
Here’s what we hope you have…
- Workday Pro Certification
- Proven Change Management Leadership Skills
- Previous Distribution Business Experience
- Financial and Business Acumen
- Detail-oriented With Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to Speak and Understand Spanish
- SHRM and/or Other HR Industry Certifications