This position will provide operational, technical, and report writing support of Workday Financials to Finance and other end users. This position will also provide financial accounting support during vacancies and peak seasons. Effective communication and collaboration skills as well as previous experience with business processes and systems, especially in the areas of Accounting, Budgeting and Reporting, are critical to this role.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide operational and technical support of Workday Financials to Finance and other end users.
- Develop and maintain user guides and end user training materials.
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date process and system documentation.
- Identify opportunities for new system functionality for better alignment to business processes.
- Provide user support and classroom training.
- Support and test Workday upgrades/enhancements.
- Serve as a liaison between Finance and Information Services
2. Support Workday system administration for Finance.
- System security.
- Finance business processes.
3. Proficient in report writing, editing, and troubleshooting related custom and canned reports.
- Write/maintain financial reports for budgeting, monthly/quarterly reporting, analysis, and other ad hoc reports as needed.
- Work directly with decision makers and end users to understand, define, and document current and possible future reporting goals, needs, and requirements.
- Have the ability to summarize and present complex financial data in an organized, concise manner.
- Design reports for performance, data quality, and simplicity/maintainability.
- Strong technical skills including the ability to merge data from various sources, write formulas to summarize data, translate data into a user-friendly reports, and data mine for necessary drill-down metrics.
- Write and maintain processes related to all standard reporting.
4. Provide financial accounting support during monthly, yearly or other peak seasons.
- Will serve as backup for vacancies.
- Will provide support during peak seasons such as budget planning, tax return preparation, monthly and year-end closing processes.
- Has an understanding of financial statements, including Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Changes in Net Assets, and Cash Flow Statements.
- Required – Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Field of Study: Accounting, MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Required – 5 years total experience required, which includes 5 years of progressively responsible experience in finance with focus in accounting or healthcare experience
- Preferred – Work with financial systems as an administrator or power user experience preferred