The Workday Financial Systems Analyst is part of the team responsible for the ongoing support, development and maintenance of ATD’s financial and HR systems, including Workday, Adaptive Insights, as well as related reporting and analytics. This position reports to the Manager, Financial & HR Technology, and works closely with Analytics and Finance Departments and leadership to improve processes, technological capabilities and insights derived of these systems.
***WORKDAY experience is REQUIRED for this position***
The Financial Systems Analyst will support our internal teams on projects involving Workday, Adaptive Insights, as well as other financial reporting and analytics.
- Financial Accounting (General Ledger)
- Suppliers & Payables
- Expense Management
- Banking and Settlements
- Business Assets
- Capital Projects
- Integrations (including from our AMS and to DataMart)
- Financial Reporting and Analytics (Reports (including Composite), Dashboards, Scheduled Reports, Worksheets)
- FDM Management
- Web services reporting
- Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Reporting and Analytics (HTML Reporting, OfficeConnect, Discovery)
- FDM Management
- Integration to/from Workday and DataMart
Financial Reporting & Analytics-
- Development, support and maintenance of other financial reporting and analytics
Make an Impact by…
- Leveraging your experience to analyze existing processes and touch points and provide well documented solutions to optimize system configurations. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are key.
- Documenting technical requirements and prioritizing work to align with stakeholder priorities. Ensuring the services and solutions provided meet their current and future business needs.
- Managing concurrent work streams is not uncommon, so strong organization and project management skills are important.
- Designing, building, testing, deploying, and supporting systems and processes to meet requirements while adhering to change management and system development life-cycle best practices.
- Scope of technical configuration includes business process workflow, custom fields, custom validations, custom reports, dashboards, integrations, and access rights.
- Preparing communications and presentations to educate stakeholders on enhancement opportunities and process improvements through new functionality delivered during system updates.
- Cultivating and coordinating relationships with stakeholders; frequently interact with leaders and cross-functional partners of varying technical aptitudes to set strategic guidance and effectively influence decision-making.
- Stakeholder and system requirements are dynamic, so it is important to maintain the pace of innovation provided by Workday and acquire new skills/knowledge to keep up with the shifting landscape.
- Collaborating wit other organizations in Workday Community to share knowledge and create and/or adhere to industry best practices. Pursue opportunities that will allow the organization to provide input on system enhancements and Workday’s product road map.
- Helping develop and maintain financial training materials and provide user support services. Innovating new ways to disseminate best practices and increase end user engagement.
What you Bring to this Role…
- 4 – 6 years of hands-on experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Minimum of 3+ years supporting Workday as a system administrator is REQUIRED
- Workday financials configuration and reporting expertise are a must Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Project Management experience and/or PMP certification strongly preferred
- Workday certifications are a plus
Our members and customers are professionals who help others achieve their full potential by improving their knowledge, skills, and abilities in the workplace. They go by many titles: talent development managers, trainers, instructional designers, performance consultants, frontline managers, and learning technologists.
ATD provides an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Located within blocks of the King Street metro in Old Town, ATD helps with transportation costs (parking is free). We appreciate all of our applicants, but we are unable to return phone calls and emails requesting details on the status of applications or the position.
The position is based in our offices in Alexandria, VA.
ATD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Through exceptional learning and performance, we create a world that works better.
About Association for Talent Development
The Association for Talent Development (ATD) is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. ATD’s members come from more than 120 countries and work in public and private organizations in every industry sector.