This position plays a critical role in the ongoing success and growth of Badger Meter by ensuring our HRIS system (Workday) provides our managers and employees with the information they need to successfully execute on company objectives. This role will work across the business and collaborate closely with Finance, Business Units, Human Resources and IT to build and maintain the infrastructure required to collect and analyze HR data and offer actionable analysis and reporting to Managers and Executives.
The position is responsible for hands-on design, optimization, communication and management of the Workday HRIS system that support BMI’s strategic objectives around talent acquisition, retention, development, engagement and diversity. The HRIS team will design and deliver Workday HR processes, solutions, reporting and business analytics that drive and sustain strategic human capital decision making.
This hands on role continuously seeks out opportunities to improve processes and system capabilities to deliver value to the organization and improve stakeholders’ experiences by leveraging Workday. As the manager of the HRIS team, this position effectively acts as a guide and mentor to members of the team and will also plan and manage projects related to system implementations, new functionalities, process improvement, system updates, release management, and following best practices to improve application support across HR applications.
- Provides vision, leadership, planning and project management for the development of cost-effective delivery of Workday as an HRIS solution.
- Serves as technical expert for all things Workday including optimization, compliance, configurations and support of Workday’s HR applications.
- Develops the strategic roadmap for HRIS initiatives – work with senior leadership and key stakeholders to support organizational strategic objectives, leveraging Workday’s HR’s functionality to ease administrative burden and build efficient, effective, and scalable processes
- Develops the overall strategy for HR technology and data management needs to support Badger Meter’s global business, in the areas of Benefits, Compensation, Talent Management, Recruitment and Performance Management
- Ensures data integrity, compliance and security of data through ongoing data audits and analysis
- Manages functional performance and productivity of the HRIS solution.
- Provides end-to-end problem-solving and communication abilities: diagnosis, data cleaning, integration and transformation, analysis, visualization, and presentation
- Leads HRIS process improvements in all areas of HR including talent acquisition, development, benefits, performance and compensation.
- Coordinates with internal and external partners, including Workday and Mercer to ensure configuration and integrations are efficient, compliant, and accurate, and that the system is being optimized to its full potential
Analytics and Reporting
- Ensures Workday provides strategic decision support through data and analytics.
- Leads HR reporting and analytics functionality in Workday and serves as expert resource for all HR data needs
- Promotes proactive approaches to using HRIS and data to solve business challenges
- Develops visualization methods/tools and trainings to enable end users to easily access and understand relevant data
- Maintains and enhances current reporting deliverables while exploring new and innovative ways to report and examine HR data including dashboards
- Ensures seamless systems integration and upgrades by collaborating and communicating with proper stakeholders.
- Administers security of all HR software programs and works closely with IS Department to ensure that necessary security and backup systems are in place.
- Stays abreast of emerging HR technology and system enhancements and provides recommendations as appropriate.
- Identifies the impact of system updates/changes and properly tests, communicates and, if applicable, trains stakeholders.
- Provides troubleshooting support and guidance on all HR systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Human Resources or related area of specialization
- 5-10 years of experience, with a minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Advanced knowledge of HRIS systems, such as Workday or other, is required
- HRIS implementation experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with all internal and external colleagues
- Excellent project management skills
- High degree of collaboration and teamwork
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster supplement at
About Badger Meter
Helping protect the world’s most precious resources, Badger Meter is a market leader in flow measurement technology with a long history of strong, stable growth. Badger Meter serves water utilities, municipalities, and commercial and industrial customers worldwide. Measuring water, oil, chemicals and other fluids, Badger Meter products are known for accuracy, long-lasting durability, and for providing valuable and timely measurement data. Just as Every Drop Counts to our customers, every employee counts to Badger Meter. This is an environment where your career can grow and flourish, and where you will make a difference.