Brandeis University is delighted to announce a career opportunity as a Senior Workday ITS Analyst in the IT Department. The Senior Workday ITS Analyst will participate in the ongoing enhancements, configuration, object maintenance, reporting, and data integrity for Workday. This position is a hands-on technical and functional role and is responsible for supporting the delivery of solutions across all modules in the Workday platform (HCM, Finance, and Student). Collaborates with functional users to analyze work process design and flow, improve processes and leverage the return on technological capabilities. Additionally, this position will be responsible for projects tied to enhancing Workday processes by identifying opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness. This position serves as a liaison between university departments and Information Technology Services to provide systems support and analysis, and to leverage technology solutions to meet the needs of the users of Workday throughout the University. The Senior Workday ITS Analyst assists in building project plans and ensures adherence to project schedules to work effectively with peers to set technology priorities. The Senior Workday ITS Analyst assists other ITS Workday Analysts and provides guidance on technical design and development.
- The Senior Workday ITS Analyst will play a major role in the ongoing maintenance and enhancement of Workday to meet changing business requirements to improve efficiency and service. • Prepare for and support twice-annual Workday systems upgrades, releases, and annual processes. • Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy, which must be approved by appropriate governance bodies prior to implementation. • Diagnose and resolve system issues (e.g. end-user, business process, security, integration, etc). • Under the direction of the Sr. Associate Director of ERP Operations and Implementations will lead defined scope projects and new functionality implementations by defining implementation requirements and completing projects in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. • Utilizes interpersonal skills when working with various customers and peers to accomplish project goals. Assists in the testing for Workday semi-annual releases, including the development of test plans and other supporting documentation (i.e. scripts). • Review release notes, assess new features and impacts to business processes and basic changes in functionality. • Coordinates project activities, such as prototyping, testing, communication, and rollout with University departments as needed. • Uses intermediate project management skills to assist with the management of projects.
- Responsible for investigating, analyzing and resolving end-user problems and Workday related systems issues through configuration analysis, process improvement, data loading and data integrity, reporting, research, testing, and/or scenario re-creation. Responsible for creating and maintaining Enterprise Interface Builder objects needed for managing system data.
- Monitor information needs. • In coordination with the Workday Report Writing team, designs, maintains and schedules regular and ad-hoc reports as required. • Analyzes user needs and makes alterations to reports as necessary for accuracy and efficiency. • Identifies and understand issues, problems and opportunities. • Uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions. • Ensure data integrity with reports, data analysis with close attention to detail. • Establish guidelines/process documents for the performance of periodic audits of University data, review and monitor processes to ensure adequate controls are in place, and recommend strategies for ongoing improvement.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in Workday with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Participates actively in the Workday Community. Participates in user group meetings/conferences.
- 5-8 years experience with tenant wide configuration settings.
- Experience configuring and maintaining business processes, including creating condition rules. Intermediate knowledge of Workday security and general knowledge of Workday integration concepts.
- Experience writing Workday reports and creating calculated fields.
- Ability to guide other ITS Workday staff on development and analysis and assist other members of the ITS team as needed.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure and understand the urgency of University deadlines, strong customer service skills.
- Functional knowledge of HR and Finance core business processes as well as strong systems analysis and support background, having demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies to solve business challenges is required.
- Functional knowledge of student information systems is a plus.
Brandeis University is committed to providing its students, faculty and staff with an environment conducive to learning and working and where all people are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, caste, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, including transgender identity, religion, disability, age, genetics, active military or veteran status and any other characteristics protected under applicable federal or Massachusetts law.
About Brandeis University
Brandeis University is a medium-sized private research university with global reach, we are dedicated to first-rate undergraduate education while making groundbreaking discoveries.