CarMax in Richmond, VA is seeking an experienced Senior Workday Manager to join our growing HR Technology Systems team. This Senior Manager’s primary responsibility is to partner with their business areas and provide technology solutions and services that help deliver CarMax’s strategic mission and plans with the Workday Technology Platform. They will be integral in the management of the design and implementation of innovative solutions to support a wide variety of HR processes and initiatives. Our team is responsible for supporting all facets of the Workday ecosystem which is utilized by over 25,000 associates.
As our business rapidly changes, this manager will quickly learn the CarMax environment and begin working to meet the needs of our business partners; providing exceptional customer service while managing the core Workday product team to deliver solutions.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
Strategic Planning and Results Focus
- Identify the appropriate goals for the teams.
- Prioritize objectives and provide a holistic approach to solution recommendations that includes ROI, time to market, scalability, and other alternative recommendations.
- Partner with business stakeholders, peer groups, the Technology management team and key associates.
- Present the vision to executive management.
- Communicate the vision to executive management while also providing guidance for the team to support the strategic direction.
Team Leadership and Development
- Attract, recruit, retain and coach a strong team of skilled and engaged associates aligned to the overall mission.
- Create clear role expectations and develop associates to reach their full potential – understand their goals and needs, partner in their development, provide advice, feedback, training and advocacy.
- Continue to grow one’s knowledge base and stay current with industry trends while also formulating a technology plan for each business area based on in-depth understanding of the current business needs and their future direction.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4+ years of relevant Workday experience in multiple areas of HCM, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Talent and/or Recruiting
- 3-5 years of experience managing the Workday Platform with multiple modules implemented
- Proven track record developing strong relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors
- Knowledge of Workday architecture and integration components with expertise around creating and managing custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, page layouts, reports, custom workflows and approval processes
- Knowledge of Workday Integration and Reporting Tools (EIB, Workday Studio, Prism Analytics, etc.)
- Experience managing and developing an active Workday Platform governance plan
- Experience with testing and implementation of Workday releases
- Experience managing multiple aspects of Workday solution delivery including integrations, user experience, new enhancement adoption
- Training Courses and Certifications related to Workday preferred
- Experience in the administration and management of enterprise wide HR Systems in a SaaS environment preferred
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills
- Ability to drive for results in challenging conditions
- Experience gaining consensus among a large, diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to determine customer specific needs and put forth actions to meet those needs
- Ability to prioritize to achieve results
- Ability to develop, execute and adjust a platform governance plan with independence
- Ability to identify and recommend innovative process improvements to customers
- Ability to communicate in a clear and open manner through verbal, written, and non-verbal methods, to all levels of the organization
- Ability to summarize or present complex and/or technical information into easy-to-understand pieces
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.