Technology Services is seeking an enthusiastic Workday Program Administrator to join its Applications team.
The Technology Services Department (TS) of the City and County of Denver is using state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies to deliver and improve the systems, applications and operations that we deliver to our customers. Technology Services supports the people, agencies and ideas that make the City and County of Denver world class city. The City offers a unique opportunity to work with a diverse business and technology environment on a large scale as we employ over 12,000 people, of which 9,000+ are daily technology consumers in support of a diverse population in excess of 500,000 citizens.
Please apply as soon as possible as this position will close without notice when we receive a sufficient number of qualified candidates.
About Our Job
As the Workday Program Administrator for this team, you will perform a variety of comprehensive and technical administrative activities which will include participating in and developing long range and short-term planning initiatives and overall goals, objectives, and priorities for the Workday program. In this role, you’ll use your Workday expertise to serve as a liaison between other department officials, community groups, and other units to ensure the proper administration of Governance within the program.
Specifically, as the Workday Program Administrator, you can expect to:
- Act as a technical expert in the Workday program, provide consultative and technical guidance to managers and/or other officials/stakeholders, and handle sensitive and/or confidential issues, complaints, and/or inquires.
- Participate in the formation and administration of operating policies and procedures, provide advice and interpretative information pertaining to policies and procedures, evaluate proposed changes to policies and procedures including the merit and overall impact of changes to the Workday program, and make recommendations.
- Conduct studies and/or research projects within the scope of the Workday program, prepare comprehensive reports that reflect findings and conclusions, recommend feasible solutions in areas that require attention or change, and implement approved recommendations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of performance criteria for the Workday program and evaluates the Workday program’s performance in meeting goals and objectives.
- Act as an administrative expert for the Workday program by performing analysis of issues and formulating approaches and plans to address identified issues, and briefing management on concerns and issues by providing information required for decision making.
- Communicate with representatives of various city agencies, and other stakeholders regarding issues/concerns of major significance
- Advise the Workday Governance Committee on the financial operations of the Workday program including monitoring financial activities and developing required budget reports for review by the Workday Governance Committee.
- Prepares comprehensive annual reports describing the progress towards goals and objectives and the overall accomplishments of the Workday program.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, IT Management or a related field
- Workday Experience as a subject matter expert, technical expert or program administrator/manager with Workday or an equivalent ERP system
- Three years of experience acting as a program administrator/manager or a subject matter expert within a specialized, enterprise program
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you have the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement: Baccalaureate Degree in a related field based on a specific position(s).
- Experience Requirement: Three years of technical or administrative experience performing research and evaluation OR three years of experience performing technical and administrative duties within the related functional area. (Some positions may require experience in a specific area.) [See above ideal candidate qualities]
- Education/Experience Equivalency: A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
- Licensure and/or Certification: By position, completion of a Career Service Authority supervisory training course prior to completion of the probationary period.