The Financial Systems Analyst position serves as the lead functional analyst in support of corporate business systems, primarily Workday Financials systems. It will provide functional support to the Accounting/Finance team, lead the analysis and business case development for interfaces, enhancements and process changes, and drive the testing and acceptance of changes. Position provides functional expertise and leadership in the design, testing and debugging of significant enhancements to existing software applications. Position will work with internal technical resources and coordinate with functional vendor support resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with business users to assess business needs and translate those needs into effective technical solutions that align with project initiatives:
- Assess the feasibility of systems enhancements or process changes and their impact on Financial (Workday) and ancillary systems.
- Determine operational/functional objectives for assigned projects. Gather information, evaluate requirements and solutions.
- Author functional specifications. Translate ambiguous business problems into recommended concrete technology solutions.
- Perform system configuration and application/report development activities, or collaborate with other internal/external resources to accomplish required activities.
- Author test plans based on requirements. Execute test plans and track defects/fixes.
- Provide functional and technical expertise and recommendations in assessing implementation of project objectives.
- Collaborate with internal project teams and external resources.
- Serve as a Workday product specialist, building relationships with key business users as well as third-party vendors to ensure that the services and solutions provided meet current and future business needs.
- Identify and analyze business needs, touch points and requirements across General Ledger, Business Assets, Supplier Accounts, Expenses, Procurement, and Projects functional areas.
- Test and deploy Workday system; including executing the pilot/implementation/deployment of new requirements or enhancements to the Workday application and integration support.
- Leverage your expertise to recommend the best solution based on the client’s requirements, budget, and timeframe; with the flexibility to adapt the scope as additional needs are identified.
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Drive the design, development, testing and deployment of new integrations and maintain existing integrations using Workday integration tools: Studio, Core Connectors, Document transformation, etc.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain, Workday Dashboards, worklets, advanced and shared reports using Workday delivered tools.
- Participate in Workday major releases, identifying impact / enhancement opportunities associated with a new release features/functionality.
- Participate in the review, testing and implementation of Workday Financials and HCM weekly patches.
- Support regression testing and communication of required changes as new Workday releases are introduced.
- Provide support to end-users of the Workday platform, answering questions, resolving issues, and following through on any reported or unresolved issues ensuring timely and reliable response.
- Provide operational support for Financials systems and other applications as identified.
- System administration, configuration and design of the primary Financials (Workday); consisting of the General Ledger, Business Assets, Supplier Accounts, Expenses, Procurement, and Projects functional areas.
- Provide user support, process mapping/documentation and training, for system enhancements and processing procedures.
- Collaborate with functional and technical system stakeholders to streamline processes and promote user adoption.
- Offer technical solutions to gain process efficiency and improve data integrity.
- Monitor recurring (daily, weekly or monthly) interfaces/processes, internal and external, to ensure successful execution and troubleshoot any failed processes.
- Investigate and resolve system-related issues and support the business with escalating issues to the appropriate vendor or internal system owner.
- Participate in weekly meetings with business and/or project teams to discuss projects, progress and issues to be resolved.
- Develop reports, file feeds and interfaces in Workday and provide data analysis support to Financial teams.
- Work with Internal Audit, end users and IT to ensure SOX compliance. Develop auditing processes to ensure data integrity and system accuracy.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- College Degree required, preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business discipline
- At least six (6) years of IT related experience.
- Must have strong customer service, organizational, interpersonal and influencing skills and solid computer skills.
- Must have the ability to organize and effectively provide responses and prioritize assigned tasks.
- Minimum three (3) years practical Workday experience including at least one full deployment project.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience integrating systems with third-party service vendors
- Extensive experience with Financials systems (HR and Payroll systems a plus) is required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-service oriented collaborative team environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with associates to troubleshoot and address technical and process issues.
- Ability to build relationships across the organization and work with all levels in the organization.
- Exemplary customer service skills as well as the ability to positively influence across all departments at all levels.
- Restaurant and/or retail IT experience is preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- At least six (6) years of Financial system administration experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in successfully working in multiple organizational structures and matrix environment
- Ability to travel on occasion as needed
- Credibility to lead and influence leaders at the executive level and work collaboratively
- Positive attitude and patience are REQUIRED!
- Ability to express ideas persuasively and clearly.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret published benefits information.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees and lab management team.
- Ability to effectively write new benefits material and/or amend existing documents.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with outside contacts such as physicians, insurance companies, network providers, attorneys, third party Managers, benefit vendors and outside consultants.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and present material in a manner to gain agreement or acceptance.
- Ability to create, be creative and develop ideas and projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel, and also to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Temperature controlled office.
- The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Fiesta Restaurant Group Inc.
In many cultures, food is a way to express love, to welcome friends, and to create family and community bonds. Those values are at the heart—or “corazon”—of our culture at Fiesta and our brands, Pollo Tropical and Taco Cabana.
We chose the Latin American Tree Frog as our icon because, like our brands, its roots can be found in the tropical lowlands from southern Mexico, throughout Central America and into northern South America and is seen as a symbol of luck, wealth and prosperity.
Fiesta brands have rich histories rooted in great food, hospitality, and warm service. To bring those qualities to life in our restaurants each day, we are committed to creating a unique and special culture that translates into our guest experience. We believe in the fundamental dignity and value of every individual, and we believe that everyone on our team has something special to offer. We look to reward and promote our people to reach their highest potential.
Our “Pay It Forward” mindset includes our Fiesta Family Foundation. Created in 2013, the Foundation is a way for all of us to support one another in difficult times and to provide financial assistance for emergency housing, an unexpected illness or other needs that arise and affect a team member's life—because that is what families do.