The HR Sr Program Manager – HR Technology Delivery role is both a hands-on and strategic role that provides project leadership and support to the HR Technology team and the broader HR team. This role is critical in monitoring and controlling the execution of project initiatives, managing change, driving HR functional excellence, process improvement and providing superior customer support. This role will combine HR portfolio management with project management expertise to operationalize and manage projects from original concept through successful change management and final implementation.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain an integrated HRT portfolio view of all activities and projects (Workday optimization, refinements, newly discovered issues, and annual processes) that connects with all HR technology-impacting activities and projects
- Ensure visibility to the work portfolio for resource assignment and drive work-related decisions in a timely manner
- Define and evolve the HRT program structure to ensure proper cadence and governance are applied to operationalize the HRT Activities include regular team and management reports and presentations about achievements, progress/watch areas, risks and possible mitigations
- Help the teams translate ambiguous goals into specific tactics and milestones to help them improve and accelerate their ability to execute
- Support and mentor project managers and program management processes at the governance level of HR and IT transformation initiatives. This includes developing project plans in collaboration with sponsors and stakeholders to execute strategic HR initiatives, distribute work among team members (including self, this role will also execute project deliverables), set expectations, and relentlessly drive to deliver projects with excellence, on time and on budget.
- Partner with HR and Business project sponsors to bring definition to a project; create project plan outlining scope, objectives, deliverables, dependencies, resource requirements, and timelines
- Foster teamwork, collaboration, and learning within the HR team contributing to a positive work environment through actively coaching team members and providing in-the-moment feedback as necessary for high performance
- Facilitate problem-solving activities to define problems, assess current state root causes, design and test solutions, and implement solutions leading to desired outcomes tied to business results
- Translate complicated problems and project concepts (milestones, risks, desired outcomes, decision options, etc.) into concise observations and recommendations
- Must be able to develop and clearly and concisely deliver professional, high-quality presentations, project plans, and status updates to multiple levels of management (including C-suite)
- Excellent consultative skills and ability to communicate effectively across varied stakeholder audiences, including senior organizational leaders
- Possess strong strategic orientation, analytical skills, critical thinking ability, and evaluate broad impacts of work
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to lead, influence, and motivate others in the work group regardless of level
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment
- Demonstrated successful application of project management methodology, tools, and best practices
- A./B.S. in Business, Human Resources or related degree; MBA or relevant Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 7 years of progressive Human Resources experience and 5 years of experience managing large-scale, complex projects
- PMP® Certification preferred
- ScrumMaster and/or Scrum Product Owner Certification preferred
- Consultant and vendor management expertise strongly preferred
- Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma expertise strongly preferred
- Ability to uphold safety standards, participate in continuous process improvement on the job, and follow our best practices
- Ability to follow Keurig Dr Pepper policies and procedures as well as our operating principles
- Travel up to 25%
Company Overview & EEO Statement
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Frisco, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.