Job Title: Workday Specialist, Fiscal Affairs
Division: Fiscal Affairs
Evaluation Group: Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
The workday specialist is responsible for supporting and maintaining Workday systems utilized by the designated offices
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and level of responsibility that will be required of positions given this title. This job description shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Job Responsibilities and Execution
- Serves as the technical point of contact for all Workday related functions
- Assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities
- Supports system upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects
- Develops user procedures, guidelines and documentation
- Provides support training to new employees and system users
- Responds to user inquiries regarding system functionality and usage
- Maintains awareness of current trends and developments with Workday, with a focus on product development
- Recommends processes and improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation
- Provides support for Workday including, but not limited to, researching and resolving system problems, unexpected results or process flaws
- Recommends solutions or alternative methods to meet requirements
- Helps maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data
- Examines trends in information systems training materials and techniques
- Supports the mission of the university and serves as an ambassador of the Q2 culture of service excellence
- Models, supports and holds others accountable to the university’s values – integrity, dedication, excellence, creativity and teamwork
Communication, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrades or fixes
- Serves as a liaison with third parties and other stakeholders
- Participates in user group meetings and conferences
Job may require other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements may be designated by position.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Certified Associate in Project Management preferred
- Education or experience in accounting or finance preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform this job competently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Strong understanding of department processes and data, including eligibility and enrollment rules and benefit procedures in order to ensure correct implementation
- Strong understanding of database design, structure functions and processes and experience with databases tools
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of this job’s functions.
- General office setting
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work effectively at a computer for up to eight hours daily
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws and provides equal employment opportunities and access to educational programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to providing a positive discrimination-free educational work environment.