The Sr IT Systems Administrator (Workday) will be responsible for identifying, designing, and implementing Workday solutions and best in class HR solutions for our internal teams.
What You’ll Get To Do
- Participate in discovery, design, build, testing, and deployment for strategic firmwide projects as a Technical SME for Workday and People Systems.
- Configure, test, and deploy Workday solutions to optimize business processes for employees, managers, and HR administrators.
- Support Tier 2 and 3 requests through ServiceNow.
- Prepare for and implement critical updates and regular Workday releases.
- Stay apprised of new features in Workday vendor releases and work with IT Systems Manager to make recommendations that support our business priorities.
- Support the IT Systems Manager and the Technical Program Manager to intake, scope, and prioritize change requests and strategic projects.
- Support the IT Systems Manager and Technical Program Manager to develop and maintain the HR Technology Roadmap in one or more functional areas, including introducing new modules, release schedules, maintenance updates, and documentation.
- Support Change Management Specialist to develop communication and training material for regular releases and new features.
- Facilitate strong business partnerships with internal stakeholders.
- Create reusable technical documentation for IT and end users.
- Identify and drive process efficiencies that remove or reduce manual effort; Demonstrate a continuous improvement lens for IT and People Systems.
- Consistently demonstrate Point B cultural tenets and values including our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Participate in firm culture activities to connect regularly with other Point B’ers (e.g., FW Ops meetings, Geo meetings).
What We Expect You’ve Already Done
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in information systems, human resources, business analysis, or a related field.
- Workday Pro or other Workday Certification (HCM Fundamentals, Compensation Fundamentals, Business Processes, Calculated Fields, Report Writer preferred).
- 5+ years HR Systems experience.
- 2+ years Workday specific administration experience. Experience with HCM, Talent, Benefits, Absence Management, Advanced Compensation, and Payroll modules required. Experience with additional modules desired.
- Familiarity with business process workflows central to HR, Compensation, and Learning & Development. Strong candidates should be able to create swim lane diagrams or other flowcharts to map business processes, evaluate inefficiencies, and make improvements using technology.
- Experience building advanced Workday reports (Simple, Advanced, Matrix, Composite, n-box, Search, Trending and Transposed). Advanced mastery of custom reports and calculated fields.
- Advanced excel and data processing skills including proficiency with large datasets (50GB+). Proficiency with advanced excel functions including vLookup, index match, and pivot tables is a must.
- Experience with complex data cleaning and preparation is critical. Strong candidates will be able to demonstrate the ability to recognize anomalies or errors in datasets and use data cleaning/preparation methods to normalize data and surface values between datasets using vLookups.
- Technical hands-on experience with enterprise systems and enterprise architecture is essential. Strong candidates will demonstrate a systems thinking approach and be able to use complex enterprise architecture diagrams, articulate system dependencies, and understand data flows throughout the system.
- Experience with REST API’s, webhooks, and integrations between enterprise applications.
- Demonstrates best practices using the Object Transporter Tool to manage an audit trail and move configuration between environments.
- Ability to communicate design trade-offs to both a technical and non-technical audience with diplomacy and technical expertise.
- Experience contributing to and/or developing change management and release management procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively both independently and collaboratively. Strong candidates will be comfortable with ambiguity and able to navigate open-ended problems with confidence.
Additional Qualifications (Preferred)
- Experience with Workday Extend, Workday Studio, and other Workday Developer resources.
- Experience working in a professional services firm.
About Point B
Point B is a consulting company dedicated to helping organizations with critical initiatives in the areas of customer engagement, growth investments, workforce experience and operations excellence. Our diverse set of experts spans 13 U.S. locations, with international reach via our partnership with Nextcontinent. We’ve helped global organizations of all stages and sizes achieve sustainable success by focusing on the humans at the center of change.
What makes Point B Different?
- Our Founding Purpose and Values of our firm. Be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their clients
- Employee Ownership – Giving you a voice in directing your career and building our firm
- Benefits – Our comprehensive package includes competitive base pay and an annual bonus, complete health benefits including an option for 100% employer paid premium for medical, vision and dental coverage for employees, ownership shares through our ESOP, self-directed time off and more
- Work-Life Balance – A unique culture that recognizes the importance of flexibility and collaboration. Our local and national model empowers you to choose the life you want
- Award winning – We are proud to be named a Best Workplace in the US by Fortune magazine, Best Workplaces for Millennials, and Best Workplaces for Women. Hear more about why people love working at Point B on GlassDoor
- We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Firmwide Operations at Point B
Firmwide Operations at Point B delivers internal and external results through leadership, process, people, and technology while supporting employees in delivering their best for our customers.
Our operations team includes roles focused on People & Culture, Executive Talent, Risk & Legal, Finance, Travel & Events, Communications & Change Management, IT & Facilities, and Marketing. Working across these disciplines we create the foundation from which Point Bers discover and grow their careers.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to affect the learning approach for our firm's future
- The chance to impact the journey of our employees’ growth and development
- An environment that encourages you to identify new opportunities and the support to make it happen
- The opportunity to build and be part of a fun and collaborative culture with teams that are as passionate about their communities as they are about their work
The Kind Of People We Look For
- Innate problem solvers who want to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Those who have a growth mindset regarding training, practice, and evolving their skills
- Versatile people who thrive on variety and challenge
- Successful in ambiguous environments
- Desire to and ability to learn
- Passion for Point B’s Mission, Vision, Values & Culture
- Gets it done brand and attitude
- Ability to work from home
- Flexibility to work after hours once a month for deployments or as needed
Your Office Home Base
Any Point B Office Location
INTRIGUED TO LEARN MORE?
When you apply for this role, your information will be personally reviewed by our talent acquisition team (not by a robot). You can expect to hear back from us with feedback if we think there could be a fit and what next steps look like.