The Workday Application Developer forms part of the Application Development track in the IT function. This position requires analysis, integration development, and configuration of the Workday platform.
- Analyze and create detailed business/functional/technical requirements and specifications.
- Configure the Workday platform including integrations development.
- Support testing, deployment, maintenance, and evolution activities by correcting programming errors, responding to scope changes, and developing enhancements.
- Perform day-to-day Workday production support and serve as subject matter expert for assigned HCM integrations.
- Stay up to date with Workday enhancements and future product releases to support our HR teams.
- Provide strong analytical and technical expertise within an assigned function(s)/business units/area, frequently leading a project team, in the analysis, design, development and implementation of business solutions.
- Maintain awareness of current IT projects across PPG and planned projects within their own IT group in order to promote technology and application sharing.
- Collaborate and frequently lead company customers, staff members, IT colleagues, and other partners in defining detailed customer requirements and system interfaces, assessing available technologies, and developing and presenting viable solution options.
- Within a business unit, maintain a deeper knowledge of various business processes used by systems applications and frequently participate in the business support planning process. This may include evaluating software packages and making recommendations to management.
- Provide technical leadership on one or more projects; expected to give direction to both PPG employees and contract resources (may oversee multiple projects simultaneously)
- Participate in prioritizing resources and tasks, developing risk contingencies, adjusting project scope, interacting with purchasing, and providing management feedback
- Lead efforts to promote and leverage technology where they are considered the expert as appropriate, keeping in mind its impact on individual functions/businesses and PPG as a whole.
- Translate business requirements into software, communications, and equipment requirements for application development
- Perform and lead feasibility studies, translate requirements into an appropriate design, formulate and define application scope and objectives, and implement complete solutions
- Prepare detailed specifications from which applications will be developed
- Propose innovative technical solutions and provide and recommend data security solutions as necessary
- Assure business application systems are developed in a way that aligns with global architectural standards and established methodologies and practices
- Create, modify, and test programming code themselves, lead teams doing so, and/or provide technical consulting support on projects or system issues
- Oversee the creation of source code, operations, and user documentation
- Identify barriers to meeting goals, and proactively provide solutions to keep projects on track and on budget.
- Understand the procedures and expected system performance associated with applicable technologies, and recommend options for addressing them
- Respond appropriately to requests and use their analytical abilities and technical skills to isolate problems, fix immediate needs, analyze all ramifications and implement solutions
- Effectively assess objectives for assigned project phases and recommend and implement technical strategies and tactics to achieve business and project goals
- Fully support department and global processes and procedures concerning methodology and internal auditing procedures
- Work at the deepest technical level while possessing a broad knowledge of multiple technical areas
- Fully demonstrated ability to mentor and direct others on multiple projects, some of which are outside the area of immediate expertise
- Directly influence design and project priorities
- Frequently demonstrated strong coaching skills
- A four-year degree or higher in Information Systems Management, Computer Science, a related subject area, or equivalent experience or equivalent technical training.
- Minimum 3 years’ direct, hands-on experience with Workday Business Processes, system configuration, and implementation.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing new and modifying existing reports and integrations from Workday to internal and external systems. Must be proficient with the following Workday technologies:
- Calculated fields
- Custom Reports
- Document Transformation
- Workday Studio
- Web Services
- Ability to work closely with 3rd party vendors to define system requirements and solve issues with existing integrations.
- Create and maintain Cloud Connect Integrations.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical writing.
- Strong coaching skills.
- Ability to manage application design expectations and project priorities.
- Can foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Ability to act as an effective team member.
- Must be comfortable working remotely and lack of face-to-face time with colleagues and managers.
- Ability to mentor and direct others and that you have done so on multiple projects, some of which are outside the area of immediate expertise.
- Understanding of the Agile development process and other project management methodologies.
Do you have Workday Developer Experience? Please apply today!
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – every day.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – every day.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links: