About the Role:
Responsible for design, management, and control of Workday configuration to support global/local enhancements or change requests and to support ongoing maintenance of the system. This role supports the Recruiting and Staffing functional areas. Provide systems support and analysis and to leverage the technology to meet the business requirements. Business requirements will be submitted by HR and other users of HR information systems throughout the company. The role will be required to present functional solutions to key stakeholders, to gain approval to progress the changes whilst protecting the global design template and promoting the Workday brand. The ability to communicate clearly and effectively will be essential in this role.
- Provide Tier III system support for technical issues related to the use or functionality of Workday; act as the escalation point for Workday process or configuration issues raised by end users
- Seek out opportunities to improve our processes by rethinking existing configurations and deploying new features
- Keep up to date with all Workday functional improvements and enhancements and make recommendations accordingly while ensuring that twice yearly Workday releases go live successfully
- Consistently seek after and drive process efficiencies that remove administration effort from end users and administrative staff
- Consult as the system expert with business partners and end users to find solutions to current problems
- Build reports and dashboards to drive self-service
- Share knowledge with Tier II support teams: may be needed to develop user procedures, guidelines, documentation, end-user training resources and communications for Workday modules
- Be accountable for the integrity of the Workday system, ensuring it remains compliant and meets business requirements for efficiency and change control
- Work closely with customers and be aligned to a specific functional area of expertise
- Work closely with the Product Owners and be the point of contact for system consultancy through small and large changes as well as dedicated projects where necessary
- Understand new feature releases and the impact the changes have on the functional area/s, as well as supporting customers through any valid localizations that may require approval
- Be accountable for running and managing test scenarios to test both Workday and business delivered enhancements and upgrade
- Understand the Workday end to end processes in order to provide guidance and identify gaps
- Understand the impacts of any changes to Workday processes on other technologies and on downstream systems ensuring the appropriate parties are advised
- 3-5 years’ Workday system support and administration experience in Recruiting is required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Sound judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- Curiosity and bias for action
- A sound knowledge of HR disciplines and processes and have significant experience in HR System administration or support
- Strong learning agility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Confidence to make routine decisions and challenge stakeholders appropriately in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
- IT literacy with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Packages including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Case Management Tools, etc.
- An investigative nature, a desire to problem solve and ability to think outside of the box
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and notable ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- An ability to manage and analyze large amounts of data
- Experience with release management would be an advantage but not essential
RELX employees over 33,000 employees in over 285 locations worldwide. US businesses include: LexisNexis Risk Solutions, LexisNexis Legal & Professional, Elsevier, and Reed Exhibitions. Our customers are using our products every day to evaluate risk, forge business relationships, gain business insight, advance science, improve medical outcomes, and enable better legal decisions.
We put the highest priority on recruiting, developing and retaining outstanding people. Our managers are directly responsible for the development of their people. We recognize and reward achievement. We enjoy what we do and we celebrate success. We empower our people to maximize their potential and contribution. We respect our people and believe in open and honest communication. We behave in an ethical and principled manner. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. RELX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.