Overview of Position:
This position plays a critical role as a key member of Speedcast’s HR Center of Excellence team. This role is responsible for maintaining the integrity of our HR systems (Workday, Glint, LinkedIn, ADP, etc.) and ensure those are operating as intended. The position utilizes Workday HCM system to perform transactions to update and maintain HR employee data and generate and create Workday Reports to support deep HR analytics. The HR Operations Specialist will play an essential role in maintaining and evolving our HR Operations while optimizing internal processes, policies, procedures, and systems while documenting as such. The ideal candidate enjoys a relentless pursuit of quality service, process efficiency, global scale, and automation with strong project management skills.
What you will do:
- Perform updates/edits to employee HR data within the Workday HCM production environment following WD business processes
- Provide a combination of HR analytics and systems integration, administration, and support.
- Generate and automate Workday reports and dashboards to support general HR queries and data points
- Main point of contact and support for the Workday HCM system
- Ensures actions follow Company policies and procedures and to local, state, country, and federal employment law
- Creates and documents processes, FAQs, and job aids
- Identify optimal solutions that meet the needs of the HR function by recommending process improvement, identifying opportunities for administrative efficiencies, and other alternatives based on specific needs
- Define and create people processes and policies; identify gaps and inefficiencies, provide standardization and improvement recommendations
- Continually strive to improve our HR processes, policies, programs and systems to enhance operational efficiencies to better streamline productivity
- Proactively collaborate with members of the HR Leadership Team, HR Business Partners, Local HR Representatives, Payroll, COE, and IT on various projects
- Shares knowledge to peers and performs other duties as assigned
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s in business administration, human resources, or related experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Workday HR (HCM module) experience performing employee changes for: job changes, cost center, compensation, supervisory org, position, org assignments, one-time payments etc.
- Minimum of 2 years Workday Reporting experience running reports, creating custom new reports, creating workday report dashboards, Smartsheet’s, matrix and advance reporting
- Must have experience creating EIBs in Workday using .xml, loading to sandbox, validating results
- Experience in an HR operations or HR Center of Excellence organization
- Exposure to payroll, total rewards, talent management, talent acquisition administration
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Independent self-starter who can work with minimal direction
- Must have the ability to remain focused, professional, tactful, committed to confidentiality and discrete when handling sensitive and/or confidential information
- Ability to manage high volume workload by following standard procedures accurately and timely
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel using pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, and other Microsoft Office
Speedcast is a leading communications and IT services provider, delivering critical communications services to the Maritime, Energy, Mining, Media, Telecom, Cruise, NGO, Government, and Enterprise sectors. The company leverages its global network platform to provide fully connected systems that harness technologies and applications to transform what remote operations can achieve. With the world’s most comprehensive network, Speedcast enables faster, seamless pole-to-pole coverage from a global hybrid satellite, fiber, cellular, microwave, MPLS, and IP transport network with direct access to public cloud platforms. The company integrates differentiated technology offerings that provide smarter ways to communicate and distribute content, manage network and remote operations, protect and secure investments, and improve the crew and guest experience. With a passionate customer focus and a strong safety culture, Speedcast serves more than 3,200 customers in over 140 countries. Learn more at www.speedcast.com.
Speedcast has successfully completed its restructuring process and emerged from chapter 11 proceedings under the ownership of Centerbridge Partners, L.P. Following Centerbridge’s USD $500 million equity investment in the company, Speedcast now has a clean balance sheet with no secured debt and a healthy cash balance, optimally positioning it as a stable, long-term partner for its employees, customers and vendors.
About Centerbridge Partners, L.P.
Centerbridge Partners, L.P. is a private investment management firm employing a flexible approach across investment disciplines—from private equity to credit and related strategies, and real estate—in an effort to find the most attractive opportunities for our investors and business partners. The Firm was founded in 2005 and as of January 31, 2021 has approximately $28 billion in capital under management with offices in New York and London. Centerbridge is dedicated to partnering with world-class management teams across targeted industry sectors and geographies to help companies achieve their operating and financial objectives. For more information, please visit www.centerbridge.com.
Working at Speedcast:
At Speedcast, we want people that like adventure. Who are motivated by work that takes uncommon ingenuity and thinking outside the box. Who relish the idea of working in an industry undergoing massive transformation. If you want to be part of a global team responsible for connecting the world, then you’re in the right place.
We're always pushing forward, never standing still. When people rely on you and your team to stay connected, it brings everyone closer together. We’re united by the adrenaline of high-stakes projects and our love of getting the job done right. You will experiment, learn and grow here, right alongside us, every single day.
Find great opportunities to make an impact. We have a "one team, one dream" mentality. We work together to make great things happen. Working at Speedcast isn't just a job, it's a career that you can take to new levels.
Top reasons why people love working at Speedcast:
- Our global presence – you get to work with clients and colleagues all over the world, in every continent
- Talented teammates – your co-workers are the best and brightest in the industry
- Industry leadership – be part of the latest advancements shaping the future of communications
- Ability to develop skills – work across departments to gain new skills and valuable experience
- Choose your environment – we have an environment to fit your temperament. Choose between a traditional desk job or work in the field.
- Grow your career - Guide your career in the direction you want. Gain new titles and responsibilities through our internal promotion system.
- Work on diverse projects – every day is different with our customers from a range of industries around the world
Speedcast is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.