Systems Administration & Support 75%
- Provide daily system administration for Workday HCM/Payroll System
- Monitor, research and resolve problems with Workday core and payroll. Provide recommendations and alternate solutions. Troubleshoot system issues and ensure appropriate parties are involved
- Manage permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations and settings for end users
- Lead base table configuration for changes needed to support the business such as adding new locations, acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, etc.
- Lead and participate in the review, testing and implementation of Workday releases; determine impact, participate in regression testing for new system features and communication of changes/benefits to end users
- Resolve issues in the core HR/Payroll processes that may originate in ancillary HR systems including Time Keeping, Expense Reporting, Identity Management, Third Party Benefits administration, etc.
- Support all aspects of new and existing interface integrations/EIBs to vendors/apps including monitoring recurring processes & interfaces to ensure successful execution
- Recommend and implement enhancements in Workday platform including system configuration, maintenance updates and testing
- Partner with business leaders and HR teams to configure and manage the business processes to leverage Workday HCM functionality
- Ensure data accuracy, security, and data privacy standards are met through reviews, testing, change management, routine data audits and validation
- Identify and document functional requirements, workflow detail, and information sources and systems specifications
- Manage support tickets ensuring thorough and timely work in the HR ticket tracking system
- Actively utilize Workday support communities to identify best practices and issue resolutions
Decision Support (25%)
- Create and run adhoc HCM/Payroll reports to perform root cause investigations and scope issues properly
- Provide reporting and data mining support to audit and legal when needed
- Continually monitor master data setup and configuration to ensure accuracy and integrity of HR/Payroll configurations
- Support reports utilizing delivered reporting tools.
Provide SMEs with report writing guidance, instructions, or documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Human Resources, or related Degree required
- 3+ years experience administering Workday HCM platform
- 5+ years HCM Systems administration experience
- Experience supporting Payroll is preferred
- Team player with excellent relationship building skills
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and assess work in order to meet aggressive deadlines and cope in fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Excel skills to include the ability to create spreadsheets (e.g., formulas such as V-lookup, graphs and pivot tables) required
- Demonstrated technical, research and analytical aptitude, report writing and the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and report findings
- Prior experience with data mapping, writing test plans and test cases preferred
- Demonstrated flexibility, ability to deal with ambiguity and willingness to learn new skills
About thyssenkrupp Materials NA
With around 480 locations in over 40 countries, thyssenkrupp Materials Services is the biggest materials distributor and service provider in the western world. The broad service spectrum offered by the materials experts enables customers to focus on their individual core business. The area of Materials Services spans two strategic areas: global materials distribution as one-stop-shop – from steel and stainless steel, tubes and pipes, nonferrous metals and specialty materials to plastics and raw materials – and tailored services in the areas of materials management and supply chain management. An extensive omnichannel architecture offers 250,000 customers worldwide cross-channel, round-the-clock access to more than 150,000 products and services. A highly efficient logistics system ensures that all requested services are smoothly integrated into customer production processes “just-in-time” or “just-in-sequence”.
thyssenkrupp Materials NA is a subsidiary of the internationally operating thyssenkrupp Group. Headquartered in Southfield, Michigan, thyssenkrupp Materials NA is a leading provider of production materials and integrated service solutions with almost 2,900 employees and more than 95 locations in North America. With annual sales of $2.9 billion, the company is focused on value-added processing and distribution of a full line of aluminum, stainless, copper, brass, specialty metals, steel, and plastics products. Supply chain management, transportation and logistics, and production support outsourcing solutions are among the many services provided to customers. Business units include Copper and Brass Sales, Engineered Plastics, Ken-Mac Metals, OnlineMetals, thyssenkrupp Steel Services, thyssenkrupp Supply Chain Services, and thyssenkrupp Materials de Mexico.